EMT effect on GPA

Started by DPPM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPPM

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I'm a nontraditional who is finishing up on an EMT course. Problem is, this course is a little harder than I expected, and in spite of the fact that I worked and studied hard for it, it's looking like I may only get a B. Not horrible, I know, but as a hefty 9 credit course, it could have quite an effect on my post grad GPA (bringing it down) if it is factored in. Which brings me to my question: do I have to report the grade I get and factor it into my overall GPA?

I am taking it as a continuing education class at a seperate institution than where I am taking my regular post bac classes. Does this give me any discretion as to whether I need to factor it in? Any input will be appreciated.
 
DPPM said:
Hey guys. I'm a nontraditional who is finishing up on an EMT course. Problem is, this course is a little harder than I expected, and in spite of the fact that I worked and studied hard for it, it's looking like I may only get a B. Not horrible, I know, but as a hefty 9 credit course, it could have quite an effect on my post grad GPA (bringing it down) if it is factored in. Which brings me to my question: do I have to report the grade I get and factor it into my overall GPA?

I am taking it as a continuing education class at a seperate institution than where I am taking my regular post bac classes. Does this give me any discretion as to whether I need to factor it in? Any input will be appreciated.

All courses taken anywhere need to be reported.