EMT question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPMo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok..i live and Ga and go to school full time. Since my GPA isnt where it should be yet i really want to have some great EC's! My cousin is an EMT in Ny and tells me there are a bunch of programs to choose from there. In Ga i would have to take a semester off to complete the program since i cant find any that are only over the summer or part time . Does anyone know how hard it would be to complete the EMT program in Ny over the summer and come back to Ga to work and continue school again? If anyone can recommend schools too! that would be great

Members don't see this ad.

Ok..i live and Ga and go to school full time. Since my GPA isnt where it should be yet i really want to have some great EC's! My cousin is an EMT in Ny and tells me there are a bunch of programs to choose from there. In Ga i would have to take a semester off to complete the program since i cant find any that are only over the summer or part time . Does anyone know how hard it would be to complete the EMT program in Ny over the summer and come back to Ga to work and continue school again? If anyone can recommend schools too! that would be great

Community colleges SHOULD offer them. You will have to find out whether GA EMS accepts either NREMT license or NY license. Furthermore, you will actually have to affiliate with a fire department in order to be an official EMT. You can't just say "Ooh, learned everything, not going to do anything" because you won't get your Georgia EMT card. If you can find a fire department, you can probably inquire about summer classes.

well after i was certified i would look for a job in Ga

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my EMT class at a community college once a week on Saturdays. 8am - 430pm. Look around at community colleges. Good way to get started...

BTW - EMTs make hardly anything regarding pay. Hope you're using it just to supplement your education. Its a fun class, you'll enjoy it. NREMT exam is made to be difficult: answer a question right and the next one is more difficult - study your OB/GYN!

im googling as we speak :cool: