Medical Encore: Focus on Fit in Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Podcast interview with Linda Abraham Focus on Fit Encore.jpg
I am taking time off for family this week, and as a result I decided to air an encore of one of our most popular shows ever, Focus on Fit.

I chose it not only because of its popularity, but because the topic is relevant to so many, if not all, specialties. A solid understanding of fit is critical to success in so many parts of the application process, including the essays and interviews, either one of which just may be stressing you at the moment.

If you like this episode, I’d also like to recommend that you download our free guide, Fitting in and Standing Out: The Paradox at the Heart of Admissions. Your application needs to show that you will do both, and that’s the difficult paradox at the heart of admissions. Master that paradox, and you are well on your way to acceptance.

Thanks as always for listening to Admissions Straight Talk. I’ll talk to you again next week! In the meantime, here is Focus on Fit.

For the complete show notes, please check out the original blog post.

Related Resources:
Fitting in and Standing Out: The Paradox at the Heart of Admissions
Stand Out or Fit In? 4 Application Strategies to Help You Do Both
Why Cornell Tech was the Perfect Fit for This Londoner
Get Accepted to Harvard Business School
Secondary Application Strategies for Essays That Score Interviews
Multiple Mini-Interview Webinar
Accepted’s Admissions Consulting Services

Related Shows:
How to Get Into Zucker SOM at Hofstra/Northwell
How to Launch Your Career in High Tech Product Management
Where MedEd Tuition Goes? This Resident Has a Surprising Answer
What Does a UVA Law School Application Reader Look For?
A Bain Consultant-Turned Wharton MBA Starts Her Own Business

Podcast Feed

This article was originally posted on blog.accepted.com.

Applying to medical school? The talented folks at Accepted have helped hundreds of applicants like you get accepted to their dream programs. Whether you are figuring out where apply, working on your AMCAS application, working on secondary essays, or prepping for your interviews, we are just a call (or click) away. Contact us, and get matched up with the consultant who will help you get accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for writing and listening! I'm glad you found it helpful.