End of August DAT Retake - Is it too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

srryimrsspoke

Reaction score
Hi All,

I took my DAT a while back and got the following scores:

PAT: 19
QR: 19
RC: 21
Bio: 17
GC: 20
OC: 18
TS: 18
AA: 19

I'm applying this cycle but I want to retake the DAT and do better. I was planning on retaking it early July, but decided to push it back to end of August. I have the rest of my application ready and I would submit it with my old scores (also indicating my retest date) within a few days. I have a solid PS/supplementals/LORs, and my GPA is decent.

What do you guys think? Does this timeline allow me a good chance as an applicant or will submitting the DAT scores late hinder my application? If I have a strong application (aside from DAT scores) and schools see that I'm retaking it, will they put my application aside and review it again once my new scores are processed?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

IMO, it is not to late, but it is always best to check with the school if you have one in mind. Dr. Romano and I work with students from all over the country and our summer classes end in August and students take the test then and get into dental school.

Your main focus should always be scoring high on the DAT exam to avoid a retake.

Hope this helps, wishing you the best. #think30

Reactions: 1 user