Endo question........

Started by elto
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elto

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How diferent is the technique used by an endo specialist and a regular general dentist here in the USA? I am asking because my 11 year old fell down form a motor scooter and fracture incisal edge of #9. She had a bonding done the same day and an X-ray.
Now, 3 weeks later, the tooth is looking dark and they are recommending root canal 🙁 . I don't have dental insurance so I am trying to find wich way to go.... the specialist is charging about 1000 and I guess it would be less expensive if done by a regular DDS....
What would you do?
 
Hi, U may try any dental school near u. I think the price should be less.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you find a general dentist that enjoys doing endo, the RCT on #9 shouldn't be different in terms of therapy from a specialist. That tooth will have a wide open canal and the apex will be closed--as far as endo goes that is about as easy as they come.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.