Endo residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalfixer

Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I'm an International Dentist with an Advance Standing program from a school in the US. GPA 3.73, class rank 48/82, haven't taken the ADAT but planning to; experience as a Dental assistant in Endo and shadowing a local endodontist. GP experience of 1 year. What my chances are/ what should I strengthen to get any chance in Endo residency? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!! I strongly suggest applying broadly (if possible for you) and early (as soon as ADEA PASS opens in May). Shadowing endodontists is a great plan, even better if they are faculty. Try to reach out/ visit the programs that might interest you, and I would also recommend you participate in the next AAE and start networking with faculty and residents showing your genuine interest in their programs :)
Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!! I strongly suggest applying broadly (if possible for you) and early (as soon as ADEA PASS opens in May). Shadowing endodontists is a great plan, even better if they are faculty. Try to reach out/ visit the programs that might interest you, and I would also recommend you participate in the next AAE and start networking with faculty and residents showing your genuine interest in their programs :)
Best of luck!
Thank you!!

Based on your provided information, your GPA and class rank are above average. However, not taking the ADAT may disadvantage the residency application process. It would be beneficial to gain more experience in the field and continue to excel academically to strengthen your chances of obtaining an endodontic residency. It may also be helpful to seek out additional opportunities to shadow or work with endodontists. Additionally, gaining a solid letter of recommendation from an endodontist can positively impact your residency application. Good luck in your pursuit of an endodontic residency!

Patrick of West Mill Smiles