Endocrine fellowship application for 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adhameagle

Reaction score
Hello,

I finished my IM residency in 2017 and I have been a hospitalist from that time.
I am planning to apply for endocrine fellowship this year. But I am facing big problem getting LOR.
Most of the faculty who were running our IM program left. I tried to reach them but they did not look interested in providing LOR.
I tried to reach the endocrinologist with whom I did rotations with during my residency, but he is not responding.

Here in the hospital where I am working we do not have endocrinologist that provide services in the hospital or even in the city.
I will be getting LOR from our hospitalist director.

My question is getting LOR from pulm/nephro/GI physicians with whom I am working be enough or I should keep trying to get LOR from endocrinologist.

Members don't see this ad.

same here, applying this year, graduated in 2019 and been a hospitalist since then, but I think even some faculties left you should still be able to get a letter if they are willing to write it, people change jobs all the time. I talked to one of our endocrinologist they said if none of the letters are from an endocrinologist, it could be a red flag. but as long as you have at least one letter, you should be good, by the way, in the past year, the applicants usually create a whatsapp group, should we do the same?