Endocrine fellowship application for 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

adhameagle

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I finished my IM residency in 2017 and I have been a hospitalist from that time.
I am planning to apply for endocrine fellowship this year. But I am facing big problem getting LOR.
Most of the faculty who were running our IM program left. I tried to reach them but they did not look interested in providing LOR.
I tried to reach the endocrinologist with whom I did rotations with during my residency, but he is not responding.

Here in the hospital where I am working we do not have endocrinologist that provide services in the hospital or even in the city.
I will be getting LOR from our hospitalist director.

My question is getting LOR from pulm/nephro/GI physicians with whom I am working be enough or I should keep trying to get LOR from endocrinologist.
 
same here, applying this year, graduated in 2019 and been a hospitalist since then, but I think even some faculties left you should still be able to get a letter if they are willing to write it, people change jobs all the time. I talked to one of our endocrinologist they said if none of the letters are from an endocrinologist, it could be a red flag. but as long as you have at least one letter, you should be good, by the way, in the past year, the applicants usually create a whatsapp group, should we do the same?