Endocrinology application thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
here are interviews/rejections of EVERYONE who has posted on this message board; They are NOT ALL MINE.

INTERVIEWS:
Banner Good Samaritan (AZ)
Baystate Medical center
Cleveland Clinic
Dartmouth Hitchcock
Henry Ford
Jackson Memorial, Miami
Mayo (Jacksonville)
NIH
Penn State/Hershey
OHSU
Stanford
Tufts
Stony Brook
Scott & white Temple TX
SUNY Upstate
University of Arizona (Tuscon)
UCSD
UCSF
University of Colorado
University of Louisville
University of Minnesota
University of Nebraska
University of Pittsburgh
University of Rochester
University of Tennessee
University of Utah
University of Washington
University of Wisconsin
Vermont

REJECTIONS:
Beth Israel
Darthmoth (completed selection process)
Cleveland
Harbor UCLA
Hershey PA (completed selection process)
MGH
Nebraska
Stanford
UCLA
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
University of Missouri Columbia ( they finished their selection process as of Jan 27)
University of Texas - Houston
University of virginia
Vanderbilt
Yale

Members don't see this ad.

rejection:
UT San antonio....( done sending interviews)

Members don't see this ad :)
Einstein in philly (stopped sending out interviews, chose an inhouse resident)
Cleaveland clinic

rejection: mayo clinic

Last edited:
They they only have 1 spot... most places only have 1 position

I mailed most of the programs, the followings are done sending IVs
-Goergetown University
-UF, Jacksonville
-Emory University
-Boston University
-Henry Ford
-Mayo Clinic, Rochester

rejection:
uc davis

so i think m done with this year...
will try next year with an improved CV...
good luck guys...

Panipuri
How many places did u apply to?
Programs from Illinois, NY, Florida still reviewing applications!
Be positive!

Members don't see this ad :)
yes i hv applied to illinois too...
i think from florida UF tampa is the only one still reviewing
and from texas baylor is still reviewing
georgia- MCG still reviewing
illinois - i nver got any reply back...so dunno...
NY- havent applied.

but from the rejections trend in last few weeks...i hv started working on my plan B...:(

Endo is way more competitive now...
would like to see nrmp match results statistics in june.

just heard from Univ of Florida Gainsville

wonder if NJ and PA are all done sending out interviews ?
Anyone hear from LI jewish hosp ?

Rejectionss From:
-Tulane University
-Johns Hopkins
-University of Maryland
-Texas A&M-Scott and White Program
-UT San Antonio

Jacksonville Fl
Stony brooks and i guess
LI Jewish since they are done sending out interviews and i didn't hear anything lol

I heard from Utah. They call you personally to screen for people interested in research versus clinical endocrinology. They just started sending them out last week though.

wow...this thread seems to be dying....
no one getting any interviews??

Uconn interview.

So finally i get to go on my first interview to jacksonville (mayoclinic) in a week. Any of you guys have any insight into their interview day or what to expect ?
or any tips for fellowship interview in general ?

here are interviews/rejections of EVERYONE who has posted on this message board; They are NOT ALL MINE.

INTERVIEWS:
Banner Good Samaritan (AZ)
Baystate Medical center
Cleveland Clinic
Dartmouth Hitchcock
Henry Ford
Jackson Memorial, Miami
Mayo (Jacksonville)
NIH
North Shore LIJ
Penn State/Hershey
OHSU
Stanford
Tufts
Stony Brook
Scott & white Temple TX
SUNY Upstate
University of Arizona (Tuscon)
UCSD
UCSF
University of Colorado
UCONN
University of Louisville
University of Minnesota
University of Nebraska
University of Pittsburgh
University of Rochester
University of Tennessee
University of Utah
University of Washington
University of Wisconsin
Vermont

REJECTIONS:
Beth Israel
Darthmoth (completed selection process)
Cleveland Clinic
Einstein
Harbor UCLA
Hershey PA (completed selection process)
Johns Hopkins
MGH
Nebraska
Penn State
Stanford
Texas A&M-Scott and White Program
Tulane
UC Davis
UCLA
University of Florida Gainsville
University of Maryland
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
University of Missouri Columbia (they finished their selection process as of Jan 27)
UT Houston
UT San Antonio
University of virginia
Vanderbilt
Yale

anyone hear from baylor or beth israel for invites?

Unviersity of Cincinnati- invite today, maybe the interview season isn't over yet...

Good morning folks, it has been a long time since i last posted on this blog. I did 4 IVs so far ( Henry Ford, Tulane U, Univeristy of AZ, Michigan state university). I am going to interview at Good Sam in Phoenix next week and was just wondering if any of you has insights about this program?? Please let me now if you have any questions about the above mentioned programs.

Phew - am I glad interviews are over with! Just wondering where everyone is hoping to go and how their interviews went? I'm super excited bc I am going to fast-track to a program this summer (4 years research based fellowship) and have everything set. Top choice.

I hope that everyone's interviews went well!! Let me know how its going!

Hi DrMomtoFandH,
Congrats for your future fellowship. Is is a prematch offer?. I did 10 interviews so far and not sure whether it is a good idea to e-mail PDs of my top choice programs asking about how would they rank me or not? Any thoughts!!

I don't think it is a pre-match offer necessarily. Not sure what to call it. They are losing a fellow a year early and thus will be short a fellow this summer so they have a position. I believe I withdraw from the match and maybe they do too? Its a NIMB research track. Not really sure how it works out technically but I know the program is crossing every T and dotting ever i to be in accordance with the rules.

I believe emailing your top picks is a good idea. I've already heard from several programs telling me they planned to rank me to match to their program - I believe to test the water. Programs feel more comfortable with certainty.

Hi Guys. Is there anybody on this thread or it has gone dead. Lets share our IV experience, any prematch offers or positive feedback from PDs as other subspecilaties guys do on their threads. I am ready to be the first but not the only one. Good luck to everybody.

I am new to this thread. I have applied to endo fellowship this year , but just two states. I have interviewed in 3 places. Is there a chance for me to match with 3 ivs?

Hey guys,

I interviewed at the University of Pittsburgh and really like it. They are a larger program - take 5 fellows per year. I guess it is supposed to be a 3 year program but several fellows finish after 2 years. The division chair is really dynamic, fun to talk with, and he seems to want to help out the fellows as much as he can. They have relatively new research facilities and it doesn't seem like there is much travel between sites. The division as a whole seems to have a lot of money compared to other places that I have interviewed at. I just one of the negative would be the location (depending on what you are looking for) - the hospital is located on a very steep hill which I was told does not get plowed very well, so there might be issues in the winter. Also, the size of the program could be viewed as a negative - again, it's what you are looking for.

3 IV, matched at @ T. Jefferson, philly