Endoderm/Mesoderm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental13

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I was memorizing Endonderm and Mesoderm. I noticed there was a similar list on both of them

Mesoderm includes portions of digestive and respiratory organs, and Endoderm includes Epithelial lining of the digestive and respiratory taracs which includes the lungs.

Anyone here can calify the facts?

one more edition: On Mesoderm, it contains excretory system. On Endoderm, it contains Pancreas as their list, but isn't Pancreas also fuction as excretory organ? and this means it can also be listed as mesoderm?

:confused::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As I was memorizing Endonderm and Mesoderm. I noticed there was a similar list on both of them

Mesoderm includes portions of digestive and respiratory organs, and Endoderm includes Epithelial lining of the digestive and respiratory taracs which includes the lungs.

one more edition: On Mesoderm, it contains excretory system. On Endoderm, it contains Pancreas as their list, but isn't Pancreas also fuction as excretory organ? and this means it can also be listed as mesoderm?

Well to be honest you answered your own question. The DAT will specify depending on the question. Like if it asks Which gastrulation does the epithelial lining of the bladder, you will know its the endoderm since the endoderm deal with epithelial lining of the organs. The pancreas isn't part of the excretory system, its part of the endocrine which can also secrete digestive enzymes.

Clarification:

Endoderm is the layer of cells forming the hollow tube. It gives rise to the gut lining and other structures which are formed as outpockets of the gut, e.g linings of the major respiratory ducts, most of the liver and pancreatic cells, lining of urinary bladder and inner layer of the urethra, and thyroid and parathyroid glands.

The endoderm give rise to the mesoderm. The mesoderm gives rise to all muscles, solid connective tissues (bone, cartilage, fiber), blood, vessels, thin mesenteries connecting most visceral organs, kidneys and reproductive organs.

Pancreas is an exocrine and endocrine gland. It secretes hormones (endocrine) and excretes enzymes to help with digestion (exocrine). I'm not sure which layer gives rise to the excretory system.