1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

ends...and acceptance.

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by chancer, Mar 11, 2007.

1. chancer

chancer Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    Hi,

Late 20's and finishing up my undergrad science pre-req's. My overall gpa is around a 3.4 but science classes are closer to 3.0.

Still haven't made up my mind on what program I will apply to, but denistry is becoming more attractive for a lot of reasons.

I have read however that dental school acceptance is extreme. Like 5% or something. Is this true? Also, I pretty have spent my savings on undergrad.

So, all postbac will be private and gov loans. Is anyone else funding their postbac entirely the same way.

thanks.

2. nate28

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Each school individually is about 5%, but remember that people apply to multiple schools so overall there's about a 33% acceptance rate (about 12,000 applicants for 4,500 spots).

Don't worry about having to take out loans. Almost everyone has to take out some kind of loan, but the rewards are great.

3. armorshell

armorshell One Man Freak Show
    Physician Dentist Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I disagree, you should definitely worry about your loans. Take them, but still worry about them.

4. pmantz

pmantz Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    By the time I am done will be 280K in debt add my wifes 35K thats 315K. Oh my gosh!!!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...