Energuy Drained after PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zerconia2921

Bring your A-game!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Typo: Energy

Anyone feel drained after finishing the PAT part of the DAT. I've been taking some practice tests and whenever I finish the PAT my energy hits rock bottom and I cant concentrated when I start reading comp and just find it fustrating. You guys got any pointers like what you eat drink I def need to get over this hump test is in a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

i say def take the break after the PAT. def go to the bathroom and take a leak, even if you don't have to go that badly. past that, lots of breathing and a small snack. i'd hold off on too many liquids if you do decide to drink anything. as far as food is concerned, nothing too sugary; i suggest granola bars. just keep practicing this during your practice exams and it should help keep your mind focused for the real deal...

Typo: Energy

Anyone feel drained after finishing the PAT part of the DAT. I've been taking some practice tests and whenever I finish the PAT my energy hits rock bottom and I cant concentrated when I start reading comp and just find it fustrating. You guys got any pointers like what you eat drink I def need to get over this hump test is in a few weeks.

It's like distance running. It takes time to train yourself. I've taken large course loads so I've trained myself to workout my brain constantly. That's what theses test try to do. Overcome it and see your results :cool:

i say def take the break after the PAT. def go to the bathroom and take a leak, even if you don't have to go that badly. past that, lots of breathing and a small snack. i'd hold off on too many liquids if you do decide to drink anything. as far as food is concerned, nothing too sugary; i suggest granola bars. just keep practicing this during your practice exams and it should help keep your mind focused for the real deal...

thanks buddy :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
It's like distance running. It takes time to train yourself. I've taken large course loads so I've trained myself to workout my brain constantly. That's what theses test try to do. Overcome it and see your results :cool:

I feel ya its like marathon i just have to train the brain. thanks for the input :thumbup:

I also thought that the PAT was the most "draining" during the exam, as well as most rushed for time.

Practice lots for it, I think that's the best way.