English Class Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zdoq

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone have experience trying to replace the english requirement with a writing intensive class from another department? I unfortunately only have one english composition class (even that is from the Honors department and not specifically the English department). I received credit for my "Upper Level Writing Class" requirement through my school's French department. The official title of the class is "Composition Creative Writing in French (Advanced Composition)". Do you think this could count? Should I call all of my schools to check about this?

Members don't see this ad.

I personally don't think it'll count only because it's a foreign language, but it's best to call the schools and send them the syllabus, asking if it would suffice. For some schools, I needed 9 quarter units of English classes, but only had 8 (2 classes). I did however take a senior thesis class that was 1 unit (under the BIO prefix), and by sending over my syllabus, I was able to show that it was writing intensive.