English Pre-Req, LORs question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FishPaladin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a Canadian applicant and I'm considering applying to US medical schools in the 2015-2016 cycle.
My first question is basically do US medical schools care if I finish my english pre-req after graduation, or if if the pre-req is in progress during the application and will be finished by matriculation?
My second question is when you are sending in your LORs from professors in your faculty, can they be from professors you've worked with at other universities, but are still science professors?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you finish the pre-req before you matriculate to med school, you're fine. On the AMCAS application you can list future courses you plan on taking.

You can send in LOR's from professors at other universities, however keep in mind that some schools ask for science letters from professors who've taught you. In that case, you would need science LOR's from profs that taught you and you can send the LOR from a prof at a different university as an additional LOR.