English prereqs

Started by jmcunnin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jmcunnin

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the English prereqs "expire"? I'm post bacc so my English courses were taken a long time ago. All my science prereqs are current though. Do I need to contact individual schools? Thanks in advance.
 
It certainly couldn't hurt to contact schools to be sure. I am in a similar situation. I originally graduated from college in 2008 & am doing post bac science courses, since I wasn't a science major. My understanding is that it doesn't matter when the class was taken, so long as your final grade met the DS's requirement AND you still have a relatively solid understanding of the subject. If not, it would be beneficial to retake, though not entirely necessary. But again, you may want to contact the schools for a solid answer.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It certainly couldn't hurt to contact schools to be sure. I am in a similar situation. I originally graduated from college in 2008 & am doing post bac science courses, since I wasn't a science major. My understanding is that it doesn't matter when the class was taken, so long as your final grade met the DS's requirement AND you still have a relatively solid understanding of the subject. If not, it would be beneficial to retake, though not entirely necessary. But again, you may want to contact the schools for a solid answer.

Thanks, I actually graduated in 2008 as well. I'll have to check into it and see. Are you applying this cycle?