english reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pguin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AACOMAS grades just got verified and I've noticed that they listed my total english credits as 0. I was exempted from freshman english due to test scores and took an intensive writing course which doubled as english and biology. Allopathic school said this was ok to meet their requirements but I was wondering if any knew if I would have a problem with osteopathic schools?

Members don't see this ad.

pguin said:
My AACOMAS grades just got verified and I've noticed that they listed my total english credits as 0. I was exempted from freshman english due to test scores and took an intensive writing course which doubled as english and biology. Allopathic school said this was ok to meet their requirements but I was wondering if any knew if I would have a problem with osteopathic schools?

you will have to contact each school. otherwise it may lead to a situation where you are accepted and they tell you that you have to take these extra courses before matriculation.

maybe also contact AACOMS and explain how the 2 classes were intertwined

pguin said:

i wouldn't worry about it until the time comes when schools accept you. they won't reject you based on the fact that it says 0 credits on your english (technically you can still complete those credits in the future before matriculation). As long as you satisfy the english requirements for you current college, that is generally enough to satisfy the med schools. i never took a college english course in my life, but i satisfied my school's english writing requirements through other courses that were approved by my school. u will be just fine..good luck!