1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Enough already!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Fuji, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Fuji

2+ Year Member

Two rejections in one day.

And I found out by AADSAS.

Does anyone else agree that that's the worst way to find out?

2. KOM

KOM Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I received an acceptance letter from Pittsburgh back in December and then responded by withdrawing my spot. A couple days ago I received a rejection letter saying they've denied my application. :laugh:

I'm so tempted to write back and say that I rejected you first, but then I remember I'm not in junior high anymore.

3. keibee82

keibee82 Blue_tooth...
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    LOL thats funny. :laugh:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    They rejected you in spite.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. collegeboy30000

collegeboy30000 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I withdrew from Pitt pre-interview, and a month later I receive a rejection later from them.

I too want to write back.

6. Indie

Indie Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student

I've gotten a few rejection E-Mails from schools, which really sucks.. They dont even consider you worth the piece of paper.. I had to print out my own copy of the rejection letter so I have something to crumple up and throw in the trash.......

7. UJ007

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I know! You paid the supplemental fee and they couldn't even bother to send you a stupid letter!! :thumbdown:

8. nephron5

nephron5 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    the same exact thing happened to me. i withdrew my application from pitt in december and received a rejection letter a couple days ago.

9. kappa505

kappa505 eres tu que mi odio
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I got a rejection from asdoh last nov. and then march first I get the update on aadsas saying that they required my app. fee and dat scores.

10. CTDent

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'd have to say that out of all the rejection letters, UPenn was the most sincere (as much as a rejection can get...).

11. CosmeticDent2B

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I called them and said I wasn't coming. Then may AADSAS said "Offer Rescinded by School." Uh...the other way around!

Dealing with Pittsburgh during the admissions process always gave me a headache, so I wasn't surprised.

12. tooth decay

tooth decay science officer
    2+ Year Member

It sounds like Pittsburgh does not take rejection well. I guess they want to be able to say that only applicants who rated Pitt as their top school were accepted.

13. UJ007

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Ya, the UPenn rejection letter is by far the nicest, didn't make me feel so bad when I got it :)

14. soswank

2+ Year Member

Dental Student

Same here, I got on the alternative list for OSHU. Once I was made an offer to UNLV, I withdrew my application from OSHU. I got a letter from them yesterday saying that they received 1100 applicants I wasn't completive enough. I feel like writing them a letter saying, that I got accepted from an applicant pool of nearly 3000. I know I am not in junior high, but come on. I formally withdrew my application a month ago and they reject me? That's not very nice nor is it professional.

15. dudewhensmydat

dudewhensmydat You stay classy.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Haha...I was tempted to do that with Columbia:smuggrin: :laugh:

16. dudewhensmydat

dudewhensmydat You stay classy.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I freakin love you man, :D ; that's hilarious.

Dude

17. fightingspirit

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    actually, i think that getting a rejection via aadsas or email is way more tolerable than a letter in a handsome envelope. think of it this way: you are checking your mail daily in the hope of finding that big envelope but then all you find is that small impersonal rejection envelope instead!!! sucks big time!!! i'd rather not find anything in the mail and get rejected via e-mail. e-mail rejections are not a let-down because you dont expect e-mail acceptances. but paper mail rejections are let-downs because you expect an acceptance in a big envelope.

18. Alliekat423

Alliekat423 New Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah...a rejection stinks no matter what medium is used. But think of all the paper that is saved from not sending letter rejections...bring on the emails!

19. DDSDakoo

10+ Year Member

i got rejected from my ex gf last week for dinner. prior to her cancellation, we had a heated conversation in which she said i will never make it in life as a dentist. i told her she would never get into med school. to which she responded "im going to law school dumb***."

i think i know why she canceled for dinner. :laugh:

20. OSUDDS

OSUDDS Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    funny thing is, my ex-gf just started to come on to me last week. b#tches are weird.

21. pmantz

pmantz Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You know whats worse then getting rejected, not getting rejeted at all. Just sitting in limbo. My "safety" school sent me one letter telling me to hold on that they had tons of applications to sift through they would contact me. Dec 1rst came and went they sent out more interviews and I got no word. Once accepted the first thing I did was withdraw. It felt great. Seriously I would rather know, then not. Good or bad.

22. armorshell

armorshell One Man Freak Show
    Physician Dentist Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I got the "Withdraw from a school and then get a rejection notice a month later" from Nova and UNLV.

No big deal, they probably just put all the people who aren't going to thier school in the same database, and then send out letters to them

23. Denticized

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Well, I got five rejections during last week: VCU, Columbia, Mich, UofW, Iowa

I am currently getting psychiatric help!

LOVE SEROTONIN

24. collegeboy30000

collegeboy30000 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I have to agree, this was the funniest post I have seen in a long time. I can picture it, :laugh:

Luckily, UF and Nova printed their rejection letters for me.

[I think way back in like Nov. there was a thread titled, "Write your own rejection letter"]

25. Sweeney5

Sweeney5 New Member
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    i got a rejection letter from west virginia, and the wentch that stamped it...rather than pressing down and pulling the stamp off just smeared it accross the page. I am cool with not being important enough for a signature, i will take the stamp...but give me the half a second for a propper stamping...or at least give me a damn reprint when you screw up!! Don't worry they cashed my check (i took the time to sign it)