Enough Extracurriculars?

Started by franfranny
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

franfranny

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

Has anyone gotten in with few pharmacy extracurriculars? By the time I apply this upcoming late November/early December I'll probably only have about 30-40 hours of pharmacy shadowing done :/

I have other health-related extracurriculars though, such as reading to patients in a pediatric clinic, interning at a dental office, and volunteering at my college's hospital in the fields of physical therapy, dentistry, and optometry (you can tell I spent most of undergrad exploring different health professions lol). The only reason why I didn't do anything pharmacy related is because I just discovered the field and really looked into it this past summer, but I'm going to make up for it before I apply. I also had a leadership position in an academic honor society and a leadership position in a service community fraternity.

Do you think these other extracurriculars could help compensate for the small pharmacy experience?