Enough for a gap year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DielsAlder

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I have officially finalized my gap year plans. I will be doing lab research and hospital volunteering in a surgical department. I was wondering if I should add any more activities such as shadowing?

I will be pretty busy filling out applications this summer and will be given my own research project for the year, so I do not want to take on too many responsibilities.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

So I have officially finalized my gap year plans. I will be doing lab research and hospital volunteering in a surgical department. I was wondering if I should add any more activities such as shadowing?

I will be pretty busy filling out applications this summer and will be given my own research project for the year, so I do not want to take on too many responsibilities.

Thanks in advance!
If you're filling out apps definitely keep a light load. Secondaries were brutal. No need to overextend- what's important is putting your full effort into flawless essays and a well-written app.

Reactions: 1 user