1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Enough for a gap year?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DielsAlder, May 15, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. DielsAlder

DielsAlder

Jan 3, 2014
    Hi,

So I have officially finalized my gap year plans. I will be doing lab research and hospital volunteering in a surgical department. I was wondering if I should add any more activities such as shadowing?

I will be pretty busy filling out applications this summer and will be given my own research project for the year, so I do not want to take on too many responsibilities.

Thanks in advance!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Microglia

Microglia 2+ Year Member

Jun 26, 2012
    MDApps:
    If you're filling out apps definitely keep a light load. Secondaries were brutal. No need to overextend- what's important is putting your full effort into flawless essays and a well-written app.

DielsAlder likes this.