Enough Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teenuuuh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, it would be really helpful if anyone can give me pointers on whether or not I have a shot at any of the schools I'm applying to. The list includes...

UCLA, UCSF, USC, UoP, Harvard, UPenn, Temple, NYU, Columbia, and maybe BU

I think most of these schools have pretty high standards, so I want to make sure that I accepted somewhere...I am a California resident.

My stats are: GPA a little above 3.5 for overall and science, DAT 21/22/24, 4 years part-time dental assisting experience, CA dental radiology license, 6 months pancreatitis research.

What do you guys think? Should I add more schools to my list? And if so, what schools because I'm not sure which schools take high percentages of out-of-state applicants?

Thanks!!!

BTW, I know my shot at Harvard is really reallllly long...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, it would be really helpful if anyone can give me pointers on whether or not I have a shot at any of the schools I'm applying to. The list includes...
UCLA, UCSF, USC, UoP, Harvard, UPenn, Temple, NYU, Columbia, and maybe BU
I think most of these schools have pretty high standards, so I want to make sure that I accepted somewhere...I am a California resident.
My stats are: GPA a little above 3.5 for overall and science, DAT 21/22/24, 4 years part-time dental assisting experience, CA dental radiology license, 6 months pancreatitis research.
What do you guys think? Should I add more schools to my list? And if so, what schools because I'm not sure which schools take high percentages of out-of-state applicants?
BTW, I know my shot at Harvard is really reallllly long...

Columbia, UCLA and UCSF are not exactly a walk in the park. Try the 2008 ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools and

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=502682

i think it is a good amount. i might add 1-2 more schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think it is a good amount. i might add 1-2 more schools.

Which schools should I add? I was planning on applying to Loma Linda and Tufts, but I don't fulfill some of their requirements.

What are your DAT scores?
TS/AA/PA??
and your residency?

I think you have a good list. I would add one or two more schools. Tufts or an out state friendly state school like Buffalo. You should be in the running for any school that you apply.

I think you have a good list. I would add one or two more schools. Tufts or an out state friendly state school like Buffalo. You should be in the running for any school that you apply.

I was planning on applying to Tufts, but they don't accept science credits from community colleges, which means I'm SOL with that school. I never thought of Buffalo, but I'll take a look at their program. Thanks for the advice blankguy!

I was planning on applying to Tufts, but they don't accept science credits from community colleges, which means I'm SOL with that school. I never thought of Buffalo, but I'll take a look at their program. Thanks for the advice blankguy!

Buffalo is one of the most out of state friendly state schools. You should check their expenses at www.sdm.buffalo.edu. NY allows you to change your status after one year of residency.