Ensuring a Competitive GPA

Started by mytosham
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mytosham

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am a pre-med completing my science pre-req courses to apply for medical school. My undergrad GPA was a 2.6 and I have a non-science masters GPA of 3.2. My pre-req courses will yield me 56 hours and I know I need to get As or very few Bs to prove my ability to master the concepts and survive in med school. I was wondering with these types of stats, how do I figure out the GPA needed to ensure consideration from the schools I'm interested in? I have 14 I want to apply to and I know schools may make slight admission changes due to the new MCAT a which is what I will be taking.


Any advice is greatly appreciated.