ENT programs with emphasis on plastic surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moola

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm really interested in doing an ENT program with maybe facial plastics or plastic surgery afterwards. Are there any particular programs which have strong emphasis on plastic/reconstructive-more than others. Thanx-Moola

Members don't see this ad.

Moola said:
Hey guys,
I'm really interested in doing an ENT program with maybe facial plastics or plastic surgery afterwards. Are there any particular programs which have strong emphasis on plastic/reconstructive-more than others. Thanx-Moola

You can go into plastics or FPRS after any good well-rounded residency. Iowa is pretty well-rounded, and we have had 2 residents in the last 2 classes go into FPRS fellowships. Next year, we have one going into plastics and one going into FPRS. Now if you want to do facial plastics without doing a fellowship, you will want to find a residency that has a strong FPRS emphasis. I have no idea which programs are strongest in this.

Moola said:
Hey guys,

I don't know either, but the chair of UIC (J Regan Thomas) is a facial plastic surgeon, and Dean Toriumi is there as well. There's also an attending named Dayan (I think) who is a facial plastics guy. If there's no emphasis on facial plastics there, I don't know where else there would be one...

neutropeniaboy said:
I don't know either, but the chair of UIC (J Regan Thomas) is a facial plastic surgeon, and Dean Toriumi is there as well. There's also an attending named Dayan (I think) who is a facial plastics guy. If there's no emphasis on facial plastics there, I don't know where else there would be one...

True, but both Thomas and Toriumi have fellows as well. Certainly there would be a focus on FPRS, but you still may not operate that much.

Actually, thinking about it, one of our pedi oto fellows did his residency at the Walter Reed Residency. He said that they get a pretty good FPRS experience.