Enter the dragon

Started by Midna
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Midna

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I am a recent US grad who has become very interested in neuro and would like to to apply for upcoming match. Not being in the MS4 "loop" (i.e. being able to get letters of rec from recent neuro rotations) I was wondering if anyone had advice for the unconventional applicant. Thanks.

-Midna:luck:
 
I would recommend finding a medicine preliminary position and getting this done, which is required for neurology residency anyway, and then apply during the next cycle. I would guess that having a year of internship under your belt would definitely help you secure a residency position somewhere. I would also communicate with your school or neurologists in the hospital you are working at about pursuing a career in neurology, they might have some advice, and I'm sure some PGY2 position open up if you have a year of internal medicine internship already.