Entering courses and course classification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sssdodoc

Reaction score
I am entering courses on AACOMAS. I took a couse "CHEM 320 Quantitative Analysis" so obviously I have to pick "Quantitative Analysis" as course subject and I see Quantitative Analysis is listed as Math. So will this count as non-science GPA? or should I select Chemistry as course subject because that is what the prefix is.

Should I assign course subject based on prefix or course title?

anyone else who took quantitative analysis did it count as math GPA? or science?

Members don't see this ad.

Also, anyone in past cycles how did you classify courses? Do we first base it on title? if title does not match then it goes by department prefix?

I am entering courses on AACOMAS. I took a couse "CHEM 320 Quantitative Analysis" so obviously I have to pick "Quantitative Analysis" as course subject and I see Quantitative Analysis is listed as Math. So will this count as non-science GPA? or should I select Chemistry as course subject because that is what the prefix is.

anyone else who took quantitative analysis did it count as math GPA? or science?
Assign it based on what was mostly taught. If a lot of it was chem, put chem. AACOMAS will just change if they don't agree...no harm no foul.

They'll default to the course department. It was taught by your CHEM department. It's chemistry.