Entering Courses on application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorSaab

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am confused on how to add courses to the application.

For example, I have a course ANTH 120H -- Introduction to Anthropology.

How would you enter that? Is the following proper:

Number: 120H
Course Name: Introduction to Anthropology

But where do I put the university code of that course? (ANTH)? In one of the examples they gave:

Fall Semester 1999 ENGL 1113 English Composition I: Code as “Repeat 01”

As you can see, they mentioned 'ENGL' (The university code). Where do I do that on my application?

Another question:

They say you should enter your course name exactly as it appears on your transcript. Well for my class Rhetorics and Composition, it appears as RHET & COMPOSITN, which looks ******ed. Do I still put it the way it appears on my transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I'm not 100% sure but I think that you are doing it right. I think the ENGL that was given in the example might just be the subject. There isnt enough room so I just put the number and then selected what subject it was.

When I tried to put the actual title of some of my classes the whole title wouldn't fit so I just entered the abbreviated one that was on my transcript.

This is how I did it. I hope it helps!! Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Good Luck :luck:

yeah some clarification on this issue would be much appreciated. do they want the entire course title? ie rhetoric reading and comprehension, or just put the department- rhetoric

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying this cycle. When entering the course title, I typed out the entire thing, but when that doesn't fit in the alloted space I typed the abbreviated title as shown on the transcript.

As far as the course number, I think you are doing it right. Just enter the number. I am pretty sure they can figure out which department you took it in by looking at the course title.

Note: This is how I entered them on my application. I am not saying that it has to be done this way nor I am going to say that it's the correct way.

So Confusing!! Oh, well.

duqdoc184 said:
Hi I'm not 100% sure but I think that you are doing it right. I think the ENGL that was given in the example might just be the subject. There isnt enough room so I just put the number and then selected what subject it was.

When I tried to put the actual title of some of my classes the whole title wouldn't fit so I just entered the abbreviated one that was on my transcript.

This is how I did it. I hope it helps!! Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Good Luck :luck:

Like Dugdoc184, I also just entered the number because there is not enough space in the on-line app and I just abbreviated the course names from my transcript that would not fit. I am confident that AACOMAS and the ADCOMS will know what's what.