Entering in Courses in Supplementary Application: their purpose

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Engrailed

Are your hands dry as well?
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Im not sure why schools require us to enter courses into their own portal when our courses are fully displayed in our transcripts?
Is it to discourage people who discover through the entry process that they lack the school's required coursework?

And so, if I unknowingly make an error in the entry or something minor, would this be problematic when they consider the application as a whole?
Like how important is this part vs the secondary essays?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone
Im not sure why schools require us to enter courses into their own portal when our courses are fully displayed in our transcripts?
Is it to discourage people who discover through the entry process that they lack the school's required coursework?

And so, if I unknowingly make an error in the entry or something minor, would this be problematic when they consider the application as a whole?
Like how important is this part vs the secondary essays?
I would assume its for schools that have hard prerequisite requirements. They want to know what classes you are using to meet those requirements. So in other words its probably a shortcut for them to look at transcripts and go okay heres the class that meets the prereq.

But would making a mistake on the course entry list (wrong course number etc) bode negatively on my app

But would making a mistake on the course entry list (wrong course number etc) bode negatively on my app

I mean, no mistakes bode favorably, but one small mistake in an otherwise solid application will almost certainly be dismissed as a typo or go entirely unnoticed.

I find it implausible that a medical school would cross-reference your secondary with your UG institution's course catalog to see if the course numbers match up.

Reactions: 1 user