Wabi-sabi
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who have your own practice or ancillary business, do you see PP (in or outpatient) being viable in the future for PM&R and are there opportunities for entrepreneurship as a PM&R physician? I’m looking mainly at services that relate to physiatry/medicine in some way, not things like real estate or stocks.
I would prefer not to be on strictly an employed/salaried model with little upward mobility in terms of income and I really enjoy the content of PM&R, so if I could satisfy my entreprenuerial itch and do so in PM&R that would be great. In particular, I like sports/spine and pain.
I know some others have mentioned being a SNF director, home health services, and a med spa type of business, but are there other avenues that would fit well for a PM&R doc? I currently have a personal training business that I run on the side fwiw
Also, do MGMA percentiles still line up with total income including ancillary services? For example, is ~95% of MGMA the max you could realistically expect even having ancillary services?
Thank you and any help is much appreciated!
I would prefer not to be on strictly an employed/salaried model with little upward mobility in terms of income and I really enjoy the content of PM&R, so if I could satisfy my entreprenuerial itch and do so in PM&R that would be great. In particular, I like sports/spine and pain.
I know some others have mentioned being a SNF director, home health services, and a med spa type of business, but are there other avenues that would fit well for a PM&R doc? I currently have a personal training business that I run on the side fwiw
Also, do MGMA percentiles still line up with total income including ancillary services? For example, is ~95% of MGMA the max you could realistically expect even having ancillary services?
Thank you and any help is much appreciated!