Entry-Level DPT for me??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

betsimons11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a pre-athletic training student and was wondering if I would need to apply to an entry level physical therapy program as opposed to a transition physical therapy program since the two are fairly similar in terms of curriculum?

Members don't see this ad.

transitional is for current pt's who are going from a masters in pt to a doctorate in pt. undergrads applying for school apply for entry level

The curriculum isn't that similar.

Members don't see this ad :)
All students with a bachelors degree, regardless of major, have to apply to entry level programs, unless your school offers a 3 and 3 program.

I am a pre-athletic training student and was wondering if I would need to apply to an entry level physical therapy program as opposed to a transition physical therapy program since the two are fairly similar in terms of curriculum?

Entry-level DPT. The transitional DPT, or tDPT, is for current non-DPT PTs who want to obtain a DPT. The curriculum for the entry-level is completely different than that of the tDPT.