Entry-Level DPT for me??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

betsimons11

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a pre-athletic training student and was wondering if I would need to apply to an entry level physical therapy program as opposed to a transition physical therapy program since the two are fairly similar in terms of curriculum?
 
transitional is for current pt's who are going from a masters in pt to a doctorate in pt. undergrads applying for school apply for entry level
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All students with a bachelors degree, regardless of major, have to apply to entry level programs, unless your school offers a 3 and 3 program.
 
I am a pre-athletic training student and was wondering if I would need to apply to an entry level physical therapy program as opposed to a transition physical therapy program since the two are fairly similar in terms of curriculum?

Entry-level DPT. The transitional DPT, or tDPT, is for current non-DPT PTs who want to obtain a DPT. The curriculum for the entry-level is completely different than that of the tDPT.