Entry level research

Started by Orbit314
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Orbit314

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the title of entry level research positions for jobs to apply to for persons with a pharm. d..
Something that does not require fellowship/residency.
 
Does anyone know the title of entry level research positions for jobs to apply to for persons with a pharm. d..
Something that does not require fellowship/residency.

Probably none in the era of increased popularity of post graduate education. You sure are trying hard to find a job that doesn't require a license....you must've really screwed yourself.
 
Without a residency/fellowship you are going to have trouble. Entry level is a BS or MS level position (and pay to match) and a PharmD with fellowship would be expected to go into a more senior level position. You're kinda stuck in a middle ground
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do have a B.S. but I was really looking for the title of jobs that I can apply to. When I review company websites I am unsure of what jobs I am looking for.
 
Why would entry-level positions hire a PharmD when they can get a B.S. for a third of the pay?
 
I work for a PharmD at Janssen (Johnson & Johnson). My position title is research assistant. I only have a BS in Biochemistry though. I would look for positions that are at least research associate. I saw GSK has a program for PharmD that is like 2-3 years any they train you into a senior employee.