EP cardiologists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esth0001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard EP cardiologists make 1 Million dollar per year, Is this true?

THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

esth0001 said:
I heard EP cardiologists make 1 Million dollar per year, Is this true?

THANKS

more like a kazillion

Members don't see this ad :)
Will Hunting said:
What's an EP cardiologist?

so, after three years of cardiology fellowship, you have to do one to two years of clinical electrophysiology post fellowship, so you have to study 7 years after med school. it takes forever:)

esth0001 said:
so, after three years of cardiology fellowship, you have to do one to two years of clinical electrophysiology post fellowship, so you have to study 7 years after med school. it takes forever:)

wow. :eek:

EP salaries are on par with, or maybe just slightly lower than salaries for interventional cardiology.... though EP salaries may increase in the near future 2/2 to new guidelines for ICD placement, new techniques for ablation of a-fib, etc. A million a year would be possible, maybe, if you had a great job in the midwest and worked 70 hrs a week doing 100% EP... not likely. From what I can tell, right now starting salaries are in the 300-350 range often w/ production bonuses, with salaries around 500-600 once you've a partner.... that's for the midwest, south, and central states, lower on the coasts.

Myostatin said:
EP salaries are on par with, or maybe just slightly lower than salaries for interventional cardiology.... though EP salaries may increase in the near future 2/2 to new guidelines for ICD placement, new techniques for ablation of a-fib, etc. A million a year would be possible, maybe, if you had a great job in the midwest and worked 70 hrs a week doing 100% EP... not likely. From what I can tell, right now starting salaries are in the 300-350 range often w/ production bonuses, with salaries around 500-600 once you've a partner.... that's for the midwest, south, and central states, lower on the coasts.

Once you've a partner, What does this mean?

esth0001 said:
Once you've a partner, What does this mean?

Meant to say "once you're a partner".... just like law firms. In most groups, initially you're hired as a salaried employee, and after a few years you become a partner, meaning you own a percent of the practice and get a proprtionate share of the profits