EP Fellowship 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeltaWave4

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I figured given that tomorrow the updated list of participating programs will be posted in addition to ERAS opening shortly thereafter, it would be a good time to start a thread for the upcoming season.

Hopefully we can have fruitful discussions and post when program interview invites are sent, etc. Also, if anyone knows of programs that will not be participating or have recruited from within please share! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Quick question for those who are viewing this chat....as of now, it appears that 89 programs are participating, but is this subject to change in regards to internal recruitment of candidates? Or is it common for those who say they are participating to go through the whole external interview process and match?

Thanks!

Programs not participating in the match or filling internally so far:
  • Advocate Health Care/Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Program
  • Baylor College of Medicine/St Luke's Episcopal Hospital Program
  • Boston University Medical Center Program
  • Dartmouth-Hitchcock/Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital Program
  • Duke University Hospital Program
  • Henry Ford Hospital Program
  • Louisiana State University School of Medicine Program, New Orleans
  • Massachusetts General Hospital Program
  • UMass Chan Baystate, Worcester, MA
  • Rutgers Health/Newark Beth Israel Medical Center Program
  • Stony Brook Medicine/University Hospital Program
  • The MetroHealth System/Case Western Reserve University Program
  • University of Alabama Medical Center Program
  • University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson Program
  • University of California (San Diego) Medical Center Program
  • University of California Davis Health Program
  • University of Louisville School of Medicine Program
  • University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Medicine Program
  • University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Program
  • Wake Forest University School of Medicine Program
  • University of Colorado
  • University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
  • Rush university
  • Saint Luke's Mid-America Heart Institute, University of Missouri-Kansas City
  • Ohio State University?
  • Thomas Jefferson, Pennsylvania

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the list! Any insight as to why the UCs (CA programs) and the Arizona program not participating in the match? I am interested staying in the west coast for family commitment and so wondering.

Thanks for the list! Any insight as to why the UCs (CA programs) and the Arizona program not participating in the match? I am interested staying in the west coast for family commitment and so wondering.

It's not uncommon for programs to recruit internally so when you see "not participating" vs "unregistered", it's more likely they have taken someone from their home institution.

Do you guys know how competitive this past year has been? Any insights on the EP programs in the west coast states, i.e. how many fellows do they take, pros/cons, etc.? Thanks

If anyone is reapplying, and already graduated from general cards, there is a new EP program in Texas that is looking for a fellow to start right now. PM me for more info

Excited to join the group and get some good insight. I'm open to starting a WhatsApp group chat for those interested, let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Washington sent out an email asking us to send a personalized personal statement. Forgot they asked for that during Cardiology fellowship applications too.

Same here.. I added another personal statement and tweaked few things. You can do that even after you submitted. Good luck

University of Washington sent out an email asking us to send a personalized personal statement. Forgot they asked for that during Cardiology fellowship applications too.
Did they just send this if you hadn't put one in there or did they give any other info?

Please send a PM(personal message) to Emmagizer3013 to be added to whataspp, so we do not have a long thread of requests to be added on whatsapp. Thanks

Saint Luke's Mid-America Heart Institute, University of Missouri-Kansas City is internally filling.

Interviews
8/8 - Yale
8/9 - U Nebraska
8/10 - St. Elizabeth's Boston
8/13 - Vanderbilt

Rejections
8/11 - BIDMC

Hi all, do you guys have any idea that how competitive is EP fellowship match this year?

Hi, Did any get interview invitations from any of the Chicago programs?

Hi, Did any get interview invitations from any of the Chicago programs?
No, I didn't get any interview invitations from there. Did anyone get interviews from University of Pennsylvania?

UIC sent invitations 8/24. I think Chicago programs send out late though. Rush filled internally and I think NW may have also filled at least 2 spots internally.

Has anyone head from Cleveland or Columbus programs, or University of Colorado?

Has anyone head from Cleveland or Columbus programs, or University of Colorado?
I've heard whispers that Univ. of Colorado may have filled internally but they were available on ERAS. I tried calling them last week and couldn't get through to the actual EP office. I've also not heard from any of the Columbus programs yet.

Has anyone heard from any of the NYC programs? Or, do you know of any that have filled internally?

Univ. of Kentucky, Univ. of Virginia, and MUSC