EP Fellowship tracks

Started by bane30
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bane30

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a PGY3 interested in cardiology and EP. I have seen that in the past Cards fellows were able to use their 3rd year of general cardiology fellowship as their 1st (of 2) year in EP fellowship. I would like to know if this is still an option for cardiology fellows and if the 2+2 option is available for cardiology fellows who do not have a home EP fellowship and would like to spend their 2 extra years in EP at another institution.
 
I've only know of 2+2 in home institutions. That's how it is in my fellowship program. If someone's home program doesn't have an EP fellowship, I've only seen 3 (home) +2 (new institution)
 
Per my understanding, MOST of the home cardiology fellowships are allowing 2+2. The exceptions are - Cleveland (requires 3 yrs of clinical) and Michigan I think requires 1 year of research with 2 yrs of EP after that - UAB is 2+2 but it is 2 clinical + 1 research + 1 EP - high enough vol per them that you will get your numbers and see and do everything). If you leave your home institution then it's 3+2 for sure.
 
Last edited: