Epic specific help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted697535

Hey
I want to figure out how to extract from EPIC intra-op details such as when last dose of ancef was given intra-op, start and end of CPB and Aortic cross clamp times and transfusions, net fluid balance. I want to put these metrics into the ICU admission note - Any genius out there know how i do this?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Every Epic build is different. The first step is to see those times you are asking for are recorded accurately - are you putting them in or the circulator? A simple quick note will not suffice as there is no way to tease out what you want, so if you are documenting it needs to be a separate icon for all those things except maybe the ancef.

Then you need to figure out how to build a smart phrase with grab that data. I have no clue how to do that, but perhaps those that helped build your epic system can.

A much, much easier method is to create a smart phrase with *** blanks so you can F2 through and manually enter the times. Filling that out for each case should take less than 20 seconds if you have it written down. Plus less chance of bringing in errors in case of bring backs, etc.

What's that? We do all our own epic coding. IT helps with logins only

Chief Medical Information Officer. It's an MD that works for the hospital that bridges the gap between clinicians and computer people. The one at my hospital is helpful in these situations.