Epilepsy Board Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Azheim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm preparing to take the Epilepsy Boards in October 2020. I'm wondering what people who took the test in 2016 or 2018 found the most useful?

I haven't purchased any materials so far, but have identified the following:
"Epilepsy Board Review" by Pradeep N. Modur - Reviews seem positive overall. I'm planning to get this.
"Epilepsy Board Review"by Mohamad Z. Koubeissi - Reviews seem middling. Not sure if I'll get this.
"Epilepsy Board Quick Review" by Jerome Engel Jr. - seems out of date (published 2014), and reviews online are negative.
GWU Home study course - sounds somewhat basic.
CMEInfo Cleveland Clinic Epilepsy Update and Review - does not sound targeted to the boards.
AAN Self Assessment Exam - Epilepsy - This is included with my AAN membership - planning to do this.
AES Self-Assessments in Epilepsy - Not sure if these are included with my AES membership, but plan to do at least a couple.

So at this point I'm planning to review the Modur Board Review book and the AAN and AES self assessments. Not sure what else I should be investing my time into. Would love to hear feedback on those who may have tried these or other resources on what worked the best for them.

Members don't see this ad.

Use the search bar I’m pretty sure I posted something similar and got some answers when I studied for it, as well as posted what I did.

Use the search bar I’m pretty sure I posted something similar and got some answers when I studied for it, as well as posted what I did.

Actually, I was hoping you would post, Telamir. The most recent post I could find was this one which you posted in 2018. It only got one response, and it was somebody asking for more info. I was hoping that now that you've been through the boards, you could provide some feedback.

The other post I found was this one from 2016. It had some useful info, but as it is 4 years old, I was hoping to see if anyone who took the boards more recently could provide an update.

Oh oh gotcha. Give me a bit I’ll PM you.