Epocrates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HKDO08

Ivan the Terrible
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My subscription for epocrates is running out soon. I wondering - is it really worth it for a pediatric resident? What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Epocrates isn't great for peds. It lacks a lot of peds dosing and info. Tarascon or one of the other PDA packages specifically for peds would be better.

Good question! I've been wondering lately about what are the best PDA programs to have for peds...don't want to hijack the thread, but anyone who has a favorite PDA program for peds, feel free to share! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Epocrates isn't great for peds. It lacks a lot of peds dosing and info. Tarascon or one of the other PDA packages specifically for peds would be better.

That's what I was thinking - but wanted to make sure. Thanks!

I heard there are other things out there like 5 Minute Peds Consult and of course Harriet Lane on PDA. Anyone else?

My subscription for epocrates is running out soon. I wondering - is it really worth it for a pediatric resident? What do you guys think?

Thanks!

I think Epocrates is usually pretty good for peds dosing. I use the free version. So for you, I'd just download the free version instead of paying to renew. When Epocrates doesn't give the drug/dosing info I need, I use Uptodate (most hospitals have free online access), Harriet Lane, or I called the inpatient pharmacy and talked to one of the pharmacists.

I think Epocrates is usually pretty good for peds dosing. I use the free version. So for you, I'd just download the free version instead of paying to renew. When Epocrates doesn't give the drug/dosing info I need, I use Uptodate (most hospitals have free online access), Harriet Lane, or I called the inpatient pharmacy and talked to one of the pharmacists.

I would see what your program does. We are "standardized" to lexi-comp, so there are less dosing errors. I have epocrates, but cannot use it in the hospital.

Just my experince, but Harriet lane on PDA was painful. YOu cannot search it and it took forever to find stuff. I am not putting it on my new PDA. I am thinking about the Tarascon stuff. Might just take the plunge and see how it works. I'll keep Ya'll updated

billygoat