PhD/PsyD EPPP Exam Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LillyTula98

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what to expect for the EPPP exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
She may be referring to their written jurisprudence Exam. Do they have one?

Alabama does not have anything beyond the EPPP which, as previously pointed out, is national exam and does not vary depending on location or state.

Members don't see this ad :)
OH requires an ORAL juris prudence exam (i.e. questions about the laws specific to OH that apply to psychologists). Evidently there are quite a few other states that require some type of oral or written exam, here is some additional information about oral exams: http://www.apa.org/gradpsych/2009/03/oral-exam.aspx

Every state should have a brochure/document/book that includes what you need to know for their oral/written exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Ohio does have a jurisprudence. I have heard it's fairly easy, like most states.

I do know someone who failed it….whoops. They just glanced at the documentation and then got tripped up on some of the details. If someone can pass the EPPP, most/all state level exams should be cake if you read through the applicable information.