EPPP score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

titanz7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at various school's websites and was looking through their student data and whatnot that tells the internship match rate and EPPP scores. But I have no idea what the EPPP scoring standard is, so could anyone tell me what would be a "good" score for EPPP?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking at various school's websites and was looking through their student data and whatnot that tells the internship match rate and EPPP scores. But I have no idea what the EPPP scoring standard is, so could anyone tell me what would be a "good" score for EPPP?

It is a scaled score, much like a GRE subtest. A passing score in most states is 500, which is roughly 70% depending on the difficulty of the version of the test you get. The best score you can get is an 800.

I think some schools may have posted a score out of 200, which is the old way the test was done. In most states, you needed a 140 to pass. However, that has changed now with the scaled scores. Now there are only 175 "real" questions on the test, in addition to 50 experimental questions.

500 is more like a 62%, and most states do indeed use this criterion. However, in NY they require a 75%, so u gotta score a 600.

Check each state you are thinking about working in.

Members don't see this ad :)
You might also be able to find the passing % for schools rather than the actual exam scores, which could potentially be a more meaningful metric. ASPPB actually provides this information on their website, and also further breaks down scores for programs by % correct in each of the topic areas (if you're interested). Their list is limited to APA/CPA-approved programs, though, I believe.

500 is more like a 62%, and most states do indeed use this criterion. However, in NY they require a 75%, so u gotta score a 600.

Check each state you are thinking about working in.

Well I know there is a little bit of variability by how difficult the form you take is, but I think you are wrong here. Here is an explanation from ASPPB about how they determine the criteria.

http://www.asppb.net/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3362

One of the highlights: "The 500 score is equivalent to a 140 or 70% on the equating base form of the exam. The supervised practice pass point of 65% would be 450 and a 60% pass point would be 400 on the same scale."

Here is also a list of the passing criteria by state:

http://eppphq.com/eppp-information/eppp-passing-scores/

Well I know there is a little bit of variability by how difficult the form you take is, but I think you are wrong here. Here is an explanation from ASPPB about how they determine the criteria.

http://www.asppb.net/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3362

One of the highlights: "The 500 score is equivalent to a 140 or 70% on the equating base form of the exam. The supervised practice pass point of 65% would be 450 and a 60% pass point would be 400 on the same scale."

Here is also a list of the passing criteria by state:

http://eppphq.com/eppp-information/eppp-passing-scores/

Thanks!
That is good to know.

On the other link, it just says NYS require a 75 and give no other details.

We agree that the curve occurs before the grading process, but never the less the converted scaled score needs to be at 75%. Perhaps 600 is not necessary...but depending on the test, perhaps it is not even sufficient.

Thanks!
That is good to know.

On the other link, it just says NYS require a 75 and give no other details.

We agree that the curve occurs before the grading process, but never the less the converted scaled score needs to be at 75%. Perhaps 600 is not necessary...but depending on the test, perhaps it is not even sufficient.

I am not quite sure how widely the forms vary - I would hope not that widely. Based on the base form, a 600 would be about an 80%.

What I told myself during the test was that "if this is a really tough form, maybe less than 70% will give me enough to get a 500."

I only got my actual score from the testing service and no percentile. Maybe the state gets the percentile information.

I apologize for reviving an old thread but I have been doing a lot of research. Asbpp no longer provides any information about scaled scores as others have mentioned. I can’t find anything listed anywhere for what raw scores are needed for California. 500 scaled score should be an equivalent to raw score of 123. I don’t know why is it 140? Was the test previously different?

I apologize for reviving an old thread but I have been doing a lot of research. Asbpp no longer provides any information about scaled scores as others have mentioned. I can’t find anything listed anywhere for what raw scores are needed for California. 500 scaled score should be an equivalent to raw score of 123. I don’t know why is it 140? Was the test previously different?

Where is the 140 raw score number coming from for CA?

Previous threads and online. It used to be 200 questions.

Academic review, psychprep, and aatbs basically acknowledge 123 as the raw score.