EPT on granuloma, cyst and abscess

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Black Rose

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do granuloma, cyst and abscess give any response to the EPT?:)

Members don't see this ad.

Do granuloma, cyst and abscess give any response to the EPT?:)[/QUOTE

I think you are referring the the periapical lesions. All of them are usually associated with non-vital tooth and they will not give any response to EPT in that case. You cannot differentiat one from the other by EPT though.
PS. I am only referring to PERIAPICAL LESIONS : periapical granuloma, periapical cyst or radicular cyst and periapical abscess.

Do granuloma, cyst and abscess give any response to the EPT?[/QUOTE

I think you are referring the the periapical lesions. All of them are usually associated with non-vital tooth and they will not give any response to EPT in that case. You cannot differentiat one from the other by EPT though.
PS. I am only referring to PERIAPICAL LESIONS : periapical granuloma, periapical cyst or radicular cyst and periapical abscess.

:):):):):):):)
Thank you for your reply.
May I ask one more question? Comparing with periapical granuloma, periapical cyst and periapical abscess, will suppurative apical periodontitis give response to the EPT since this apical periodontitis get a sinus tract?

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much.