ERAS activities slots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted445355

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you know how many slots are available on the ERAS activities section. There were 15 slots on the AMCAS so I don't know if there are 15 on the ERAS also. I ask because I would like to plan my extracurricular activities for the next four years to fill in all the slots. I know there is a section for publications too, and I'm not sure if each individual publication counts as one slot or if we can group publications together under one slot to make room for other activities. Please let me know! Thanks!

PP

Members don't see this ad.

It's been a while, but you can add any many activities as you want (both academic and non).

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you know how many slots are available on the ERAS activities section. There were 15 slots on the AMCAS so I don't know if there are 15 on the ERAS also. I ask because I would like to plan my extracurricular activities for the next four years to fill in all the slots. I know there is a section for publications too, and I'm not sure if each individual publication counts as one slot or if we can group publications together under one slot to make room for other activities. Please let me know! Thanks!

PP

Great initiative - it's good you're starting to think about this early on in the game and wanting to be active.

That being said, the quality of your activities far outweighs the sheer number. President of an organization > member of 10. Consistent leadership positions with a trend upwards in roles (member > treasurer > etc.) says a lot too.

Having said all of that, and being someone who focused a lot on EC involvement at the outset of med school, I'd recommend doing *maybe* 1 or 2 things that you think "feed your soul" in the time you aren't using to study/do med school things. It really is a marathon, so whatever replenishes your energy is what you should be going for.

Sorry for the hugely drawn out and possible tangential post.

-MS4 with a helluva lot of time on his hands, haha.