ERAS addiction...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxBoy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know its fourth year... I should be spending time partying, going on dates, having fun.... Don't get me wrong.. I probably go out more than most students.

But ever since I submitted ERAS, I have this strange addiction to see what programs downloaded what off my application. I mean its not an OCD level, but logistically speaking, its far more often than needed. Like realistically I should never check it... Just wait for the interview invites... But there is something very addicting to tracking your application. Anyone else brave enough to admit they suffer from this compulsion as well?

Members don't see this ad.

yes... and I get more :scared: seeing IM and FM and Peds already getting their interviews!

Just wait, checking your email as many times a day as you can looking for interviews is more addicting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, the addiction is strong! Four times an hour when i am near my computer. I am trying to figure out how I can get my email to text my phone if I get a message from myeras... anyone know? That would be convenient.

The reality is that it will probably be atleast another few days before any of us hear from programs, enjoy college football and have a good weekend.

Damn, the addiction is strong! Four times an hour when i am near my computer. I am trying to figure out how I can get my email to text my phone if I get a message from myeras... anyone know? That would be convenient.

The reality is that it will probably be atleast another few days before any of us hear from programs, enjoy college football and have a good weekend.

A life.... get one...

This is freakin 4th year, you need to be out there getting your drink on...

Sorry to be brash, I'm post-call from an all-day/nite 19 hour LVAD + RVAD where we gave 80 units of products and Factor 7 twice, and still left the OR with an open chest for oozing (6 hours on pump will do that....), on norepi, epi, milrinone, vasopressin, dopamine, nitric oxide... probably will bring him back again today for further drying up +/- sternotomy closure... In short, enjoy the free time while ya got it, friend... ;)

I would not want to be in your shoes right this minute, but I certainly dont want to wait six months to find out if I can be.

By the way, I spent the entire day watching as many college ftbl games on two tvs in my living room yesterday. And I am going to equal that feat today except with baseball and pro football!

Does that count as a life?

So UAB offered me an interview on 9/5, submitted my application on 9/2. It's starting oh crap!

Does ERAS come in an injectable form?

Can't stop checking.

So when are we gonna hear from all other programs??? :scared: I think I am gonna go and drink some more...