Eras and amcas crossover

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lall

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Random but pertinent question for me (long story).

Does a program director who has access to eras apps have access to med school apps through amcas?

Members don't see this ad.

no that **** is over bro
Good point. So they can't access our applications from when we applied to med school. But are they completely different systems? Like if a PD wanted to check out med school apps could they just wander over there?

Members don't see this ad :)
They're both run by AAMC but they're different systems.

No one can just go see your AMCAS whenever they want. Even when you were applying to medical schools, if you didn't apply to a school, there's no way they could see your information.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't worry, that derm residency can't see how in your AMCAS application you professed your unending love for rural FM.

Reactions: 4 users
Don't worry, that derm residency can't see how in your AMCAS application you professed your unending love for rural FM.
Lol. Ugh.

It's actually more paranoid and irrational than that. Which is why I didn't want to get into it :p.

I'm worried my home institution PD in specialty of interest may have seen my med school app at some point even though he's not on med school adcom. My class is tiny so in my irrational musings I believe it's possible he might remember me if he'd seen it. I was a career changer with a poor gpa and am so unnecessarily paranoid about that following me.

But just wanted to know if it was possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol. Ugh.

It's actually more paranoid and irrational than that. Which is why I didn't want to get into it :p.

I'm worried my home institution PD in specialty of interest may have seen my med school app at some point even though he's not on med school adcom. My class is tiny so in my irrational musings I believe it's possible he might remember me if he'd seen it. I was a career changer with a poor gpa and am so unnecessarily paranoid about that following me.

But just wanted to know if it was possible.
If he was an application reader the year you applied, sure. But that's very unlikely, given that most PDs are too busy with their own application cycles to worry about reading med school apps. In addition, if you know for a fact he's not on the adcom, I truly wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: 1 users
college GPA is no longer relevant. Also, he's seen too many ERAS applications to remember one tiny detail from your med school app. relax.

If you're applying through ERAS, doesn't matter. However, the San Francisco Match (Uro, Ophtho) requires applicants to obtain and submit transcripts for all undergraduate, graduate, and medical schools they have attended.