ERAS Application Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

univlad

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just completing my application on ERAS:

Did you guys put anything in the WORK EXPERIENCE section? Is this for people who have had real jobs only? Or are we to list what summer jobs we've had and jobs while in college?

thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say go ahead and list your jobs as they are work experiences, especially if any of them were even slightly interesting.

Could somebody please explain to me please -

Is there any room in MY ERAS website for creating our own resume or is it the standard application form we fill in. Because I have just finished my PS and resume well polished..I believe..

Your application is kind of like your resume... but ERAS style... its standardized for everyone's convenience...

So yeah, this is a really old thread, but I'm asking the same question as the original poster.

In the work experiences section of ERAS, it specifically states that one list "relevant work experiences". I interpret this as meaning any job that relates to medicine or to one's specialty of interest. However, most of my jobs (and I've had many) have been brainless minimum wage affairs. They aren't exactly medically-related, but I also don't want residency programs to think I've been a slacker when they see big gaps in my application. So, include the dinky jobs? Or only include the few relevant jobs I've had, even though they were ten years ago?

And while I'm here, how long are you making your work experience descriptions? It says there are 1020 characters available, which seems like an awful lot. I wrote out everything I wanted using only 227 characters.

Less is always more. If there's something really important (you won the Nobel prize for example) then talk about it in your personal statement.