eras application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

syperidot

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi my fellow fourth year med students applying for urology,
I'm getting a little stressed out right now. When is the optimum time to be submitting ERAS applications? Is it now??? What's the recommended timeline for getting apps in?

Members don't see this ad.

If I remember correctly you can begin to submit your app on Sept 1st....up until then you can only work on it, but not actually submit it. I highly suggest to turn in your eras app on Sept 1 (or within the first week at least). Its not a big deal if your letters havent all made it in yet, programs will constantly download apps so they'll eventually get them. good luck, its a fun yet expensive/exhausting experience

My recommendation is to sign-up with ERAS and explore their site NOW. felipe5 is correct, you can submit any time on or after Sept 1. It is HIGHLY recommended that you submit early. Many programs stop accepting applications by the end of Sept. Bottom line is that you have ~2 weeks to complete your application, select your programs, then submit on Sept 1.