ERAS Extension/Interruption of Medical Education

Started by ccqqff
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ccqqff

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

How do you think I should answer the "Was your medical education/training extended or interrupted?" question on ERAS?

I graduated from medical school this year as an IMG. My school allows us to take leaves of absence for academic purposes, so I used 5 months of LoA, all to do US clerkships. They are not stated in my transcript but my MSPE says "Since optional extensions for academics are allowed, he extended the internship period for 5 months, most of which he spent in clerkships abroad."

Should I answer yes to the question on ERAS and write that it was for more elective time in US? Would this unnecessarily hurt my application as I did not have any non-medical time off or fails/repeated courses?