Position Wanted ERAS fellowship application for IMG's.. HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

galkimhi82

Reaction score
Hi there!
i'm a pediatrician from Israel. I finishes my residency in Israel and I want to apply for a Pediatric emergency medicine fellowship in 2019. I already completed USMLE steps 1&2 (CK&CS). I am registering through ERAS but things are really confusing... I got some questions about topics that aren't clear to me, and I must clarify them:
1- do i need to register for BOTH ERAS and NRMP? when i tried to register for NRMP i couldnt find any pediatrics there... what should i do?
2- regarding the Letters of recommendation - must they be from US program directors? if not, do my program directors need to send them through the LOR portal or I can do that myself after getting them?
3- as i understand, according to the ERAS 2019 fellowship timetable, i got until July 5th to upload all of the relevant documents. is there any meaning to the time that i upload those, as long as its before July 5th?

THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

Can you even apply to a fellowship in the US since you did not complete an ACGME pediatrics residency?

Yes, you need both ERAS & NRMP. ERAS is the application service. NRMP is the method for ranking the different programs.

I think you should email some individual fellowship directors of the fellowships you are interested in mentioning that you are IMG and see what they recommend. I know in neurosurgery, u can get fellowships but u will have limitations when it comes to practicing.

1. Yes u need both ERAS and NRMP
2. You can upload before July 5th
3. The LORs writers should upload the LORs. ( it is preferred this way)
4. American LORs usually weight more than internationals but if you do not have them, use people who know you and your work accomplishments very well and they can write well about it.
IMPORTANTLY; I WILL WRITE TO A FEW PDs asking their recs before applying.