ERAS/Personal Statement Help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maranatha

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Hopefully someone who has completed an ERAS application or a PD can help me with a question about the personal statement before Sunday night. I've heard that the statement should only be one page or the PDs get annoyed by having to read long statements....For those of you who have completed ERAS, is the "one-page rule" specific to only ONE page as printed on ERAS??? I have a one page essay on a word-document in the same font that is on ERAS; however, when it prints it out from ERAS, it is about 5 lines longer then a page because of the heading and other junk on the top of the application. I'm confused...I'm trying to get my application out by Sunday night. Any ideas? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Agree with fiat. Just make sure the intro is interesting and not arrogant.

Have a beer. Relax...put on some Marley. You'll get a spot. I know it.

I recommend the Sam Adams Octoberfest. It's out now and it's good this year, and easily available.
:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with fiat. Just make sure the intro is interesting and not arrogant.

Have a beer. Relax...but on some Marley. You'll get a spot. I know it.

I recommend the Sam Adams Octoberfest. It's out now and it's good this year, and easily available.
:thumbup:

:laugh: Great advice, Anasazi!

I'm still curious, however, about whether or not the advice for a one page essay is referring to one page on a Word doc. or one page on ERAS....