Eras photo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H12345

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I uploaded my ERAS picture with less then 100kb. Other requirements didn't match which I realized later. I submitted my application to programs. Can I change my upload new photo that matches requirements??
( I know it was stupid to upload without double checking)

Members don't see this ad.

Wondering the same thing. I figured if ERAS accepted the upload, everything was good. Now I’m realizing there were specific requirements. I don’t think there’s anyway to resubmit the photo which is stupid.

You can reupload a photo. Did it today for the same reason and I had already submitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I change my upload new photo that matches requirements??
I don’t think there’s anyway to resubmit the photo which is stupid.
1603105835388.png

Alternatively, you can click your picture on the top right. This window will appear:
1603105944892.png

You can reupload a photo. Did it today for the same reason and I had already submitted.

Does the reupload replace the photo that was saved when you submitted? Since it doesn’t allow you to unassign your photo, I assumed that photo was locked.

My understanding is that the original photo was already “locked” and submitted. Adding a new photo after the fact doesn’t override the original, or does it?
That's what I thought too! Hopefully submitting wrong sized photo is not the big deal

That's what I thought too! Hopefully submitting wrong sized photo is not the big deal

IDK man hoping my beautiful face can make up for my lackluster app. Lol jkjk I’d probably scare them off.

How was your photo “wrong”??

How was your photo “wrong”??

The upload photo page just requires JPG/JPEG/PNG not exceeding 150kb, but after looking at ERAS websites and other schools they have specific requirements of 2.5x3.5, 150DPI, not exceeding 100kb. Either way, when you upload it looks fine on our end, but we are concerned it will look wrong on their end when they review our apps.

The upload photo page just requires JPG/JPEG/PNG not exceeding 150kb, but after looking at ERAS websites and other schools they have specific requirements of 2.5x3.5, 150DPI, not exceeding 100kb. Either way, when you upload it looks fine on our end, but we are concerned it will look wrong on their end when they review our apps.

I too have this fear.

My understanding is that the original photo was already “locked” and submitted. Adding a new photo after the fact doesn’t override the original, or does it?
So, I'm too anxious/neurotic to attempt it, but when you hover your mouse over your picture in the top right it will state "Replace Photo"

Does the reupload replace the photo that was saved when you submitted? Since it doesn’t allow you to unassign your photo, I assumed that photo was locked.

It is now showing the new photo in the top right corner. And when I click documents, it says my photo was uploaded on 10/18, which is when I made the change. So I’m assuming programs will receive the new photo instead.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 1.13.24 PM.png

It looks like 2.5in x 3.5in and 150DPI are maximum requirements

It is now showing the new photo in the top right corner. And when I click documents, it says my photo was uploaded on 10/18, which is when I made the change. So I’m assuming programs will receive the new photo instead.
Yes, I saw change in date too. Hoping for best now :/

Yes, I saw change in date too. Hoping for best now :/

I’m gonna give them a call and I’ll report back. After seeing the screen shot that the above poster just posted, unfortunately doesn’t seem like it can be updated. I’ll find out for sure though.

Ok they said if you reupload a photo it will automatically be sent to programs without you having to assign it so we should be good!

Reactions: 1 user
Ok they said if you reupload a photo it will automatically be sent to programs without you having to assign it so we should be good!

Great! You read my mind. I am giving them a call right now as well. I might as well double check with another person. Hopefully, with two confirmations, our problems will be solved!

Great! You read my mind. I am giving them a call right now as well. I might as well double check with another person. Hopefully, with two confirmations, our problems will be solved!

Ok good! Lmk what they say. Thank you!

Ok good! Lmk what they say. Thank you!

They said the same thing! even though you can't unassign photos, it should be overridden with each new upload. they said to keep in mind processing time, but it seems to be almost instantaneous from my experience as USMG, guessing its longer for IMGs/FMGs

Looking back, I should've asked if they could see my photo and if it looked distorted or not lol

Now, I'm debating if I should be on hold again for 30mins to ask them to check. The ERAS neuroticism is kicking in....

They said the same thing! even though you can't unassign photos, it should be overridden with each new upload. they said to keep in mind processing time, but it seems to be almost instantaneous from my experience as USMG, guessing its longer for IMGs/FMGs

Looking back, I should've asked if they could see my photo and if it looked distorted or not lol

Now, I'm debating if I should be on hold again for 30mins to ask them to check. The ERAS neuroticism is kicking in....

Awesome, thanks! If you log into eras on your phone and zoom in on the pic, you’ll be able to tell if it’s distorted or not!

I find it interesting how they still require pictures, them being a possible tool for discrimination.

Reactions: 1 users