ERAS Scramble Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD'05

Money Hungry Pervert
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tell me I am not the only person that received this email. If so, then congratulations to the rest of you who matched. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

You are not the only one, like the email said it was sent to everyone! :)

LadyBlueMD said:
You are not the only one, like the email said it was sent to everyone! :)

Thank you. I guess I am overly neurotic. :oops:

Me three...scared the bejeezus out of me when I first got it...then I read it again calmly.

Neurotics Unite! :laugh:

I got all scared - and then I remembered I matched in December :D

When I first saw that thing I freaked out...until I got to the part where it said everyone got it. Still....that was just a mean cruel joke on the part of those NRMP people. It's bad enough that they make us wait 3 long weeks, but to send us something like that? Just plain mean! :thumbdown:

Whew! I am really glad I am not the only one who got scared. That was mean of AAMC - especially the title: ERAS and Scramble. :mad:

Anyone care to post the contents of the email?

Dear ERAS Applicant,

This e-mail is to explain how ERAS will work during the Scramble period. Please note - receiving this e-mail does not imply anything whatsoever about your NRMP match status. This e-mail is being sent to every applicant who used MyERAS this season in search of a residency position.

> Contact Programs <
If you are unmatched, you should telephone the program director of programs with unfilled position(s) before sending any information. Program directors will tell you whether they wish to receive documents via ERAS, via e-mail, or via fax.

> Scramble Dates <
This year's Scramble runs from 12:00 noon on Tuesday March 15 to 12 noon on Thursday March 17. During this time, the Scramble version of ERAS will be available.

Note that the MyERAS web site will be open prior to 12 noon on Tuesday March 15 to allow applicants to prepare their application for Scramble. However, any programs applied to before Scramble starts will incur a normal
ERAS fee.

> Before Scramble <
In the next few days, you should access MyERAS and confirm that the information in your Profile is up-to-date. You may also want to look at your
Personal Statement to see if you should create a new one for Scramble.

Print out NOW - copies of your Application, CV and Personal Statement in case you need to fax these to programs during Scramble.

> Scramble ERAS <
You may use MyERAS to transmit your application to no more than 30 programs during the scramble period (12 noon on Tuesday March 15 to 12 noon on Thursday March 17, 2005).

There will be no ERAS fees charged for applications transmitted during this time. If, however, you access MyERAS before 12 noon on Tuesday and you apply to programs before 12 noon, you will be charged for those programs. Do not attempt to preempt the scramble system.

Note that 30 programs is an absolute maximum - you will not be able to apply to more than 30 programs via ERAS during the scramble period, even if you are willing to pay a fee to do so.

> Applying to Programs <
During Scramble, select the programs you wish to apply to. They will appear on your "Programs - Selected" list. Click on the button 'Apply to Selected Programs'. You will see an invoice with zero ERAS fees. From this screen, click on the button 'Apply to Selected Programs'. This will process your application to the residency programs.

Once you see these programs on your "Programs - Applied To" list, you know your applications have been processed.

> USMLE Transcripts
The National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) and the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) will process USMLE transcript requests received during the scramble period. Applicants who have not previously requested electronic transmission of USMLE transcripts through ERAS will be charged the $50 NBME/ECFMG fee.
Applicants who have already transmitted scores via ERAS will not incur additional USMLE transcript fees.

> Applicant Document Tracking System (ADTS)
Due to the extra load ADTS reports place on the ERAS database, ADTS may not be available on the first day of scramble.

> Post Scramble
At 12 noon on Thursday March 17, the Scramble version of ERAS will close. Any programs applied to after that time will incur normal ERAS charges.

If you do not locate a residency position during the Scramble, consider using another AAMC service called "FindAResident". Many programs will enter their post-match vacancies into FindAResident. FindAResident is an on-line service that brings together programs looking to fill positions with applicants seeking positions. Residency programs advertise post-match vacancies, and pplicants post their resumes for review. FindAResident allows you to search for open
positions and notify programs of your interest right on-line. Find out more about this service at www.aamc.org/students/findaresident.

Good luck in the Match,

The ERAS Staff

So did anyone do what the email said when it instructed you to "print out all your application materials now"?

you know what would have really been evil if instead of sending the email out yesterday if they sent out on the monday when everyone finds out if they match. This is the only thing that kept me from wetting myself.

Almost had massive diarrhea after reading the subject line of that e-mail! Kinda cruel since many of us are already on edge :eek:

Good luck with the match!

i guess i would have been worried too but then again i already matched :cool:

Kimberli Cox said:
They send it every year - sorry I should have thought to warn ya'll.

Best wishes!

If there are any other emails like that, we'd appreciate any warning you could give. :)

Who me? I'm not on edge... nope, not me. :barf:
Mostly just antsy. (Insert meth smilie or something like that.)

AndyMilonakis said:
So did anyone do what the email said when it instructed you to "print out all your application materials now"?
Oops, guess I didn't read the email carefully enough.

Many of us did NOT receive that email. There's actually a discussion going on about it in the Radiology forum and on AuntMinnie - so far only 1 person has said they received it. None of my friends or I have received it. This is interesting.

So, everyone stopped reading the email after the first sentence?

Many of us did NOT receive that email. There's actually a discussion going on about it in the Radiology forum and on AuntMinnie - so far only 1 person has said they received it. None of my friends or I have received it. This is interesting.

Maybe things changed in the last 3 years?

Ok, I just got this year's scramble email from ERAS. The subject line reads SCRAMBLE ADVISORY in big, bold letters. Scared the hell outta me.

Aaargh. Is it Monday yet?!!?

Ok, I just got this year's scramble email from ERAS. The subject line reads SCRAMBLE ADVISORY in big, bold letters. Scared the hell outta me.

Aaargh. Is it Monday yet?!!?

As did I!! (though this is the one I could have done without receiving....even though I did finally receive the NRMP applicant survey to my alternate email account)

ERAS needs a nice, big slap for this email!! That subject is terrifying, and my heart took a nice, big leap for a millisecond!! Funny thing is that I had already read this thread, so I was expecting it. :mad:

Only a couple more days until we KNOW. :D

:luck::luck::luck::luck:

As did I!! (though this is the one I could have done without receiving....even though I did finally receive the NRMP applicant survey to my alternate email account)

ERAS needs a nice, big slap for this email!! That subject is terrifying, and my heart took a nice, big leap for a millisecond!! Funny thing is that I had already read this thread, so I was expecting it. :mad:

:luck::luck::luck::luck:

I know! What are they playing at?! Are they deliberately trying to jinx us or make us freak out?!