Ergonomic Loupes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothFairyDDS11

Reaction score
I am a D1 purchasing my loupes soon and I know I want ergo loups but am not sure what magnification to get. Also what company is the best?

Members don't see this ad.

For ergo loupes, you should get any mag you want above 5.0x, at least above 4.5x. It will appear similar to 3.5x on normal loupes.
Orascoptic, Q-optics, and Lumadent are brands worth trying. However I think only Q-optics has a lifetime warranty.

I have ergos from Q-Optics and love them. I have 3.5x magnification and would suggest that for now being a D1

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
do not go below 5.0x. andau is actually the lightest with the widest FOV, i love mine.

Reactions: 1 users
Ergo is the way to go! I have the HERO LOUPES EVO 3.5x. They are super lightweight and stylish. They have 5x and 8x as well.

Ergo loupes are excellent, and not just those from Lumadent. I purchased mine from Pentax, and they are outstanding. Initially, I was using a magnification of 3.5x, but I switched to 3.0x. Honestly, you don't need to see every detail of the tooth. Anything between 2.5x and 3.5x will suffice. I also have a regular pair of loupes from Orascoptic (eyezoom x3-5) where you can change the magnification, but I rarely go over 3x, which is its minimum magnification.