Error on ADEA App, am I in trouble?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CedarZ4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow... so I am looking at my ADEA app, and I found a really really dumb mistake :oops: :mad:

Under Dentistry/Shadowing Experience, I labeled "Type of Dentistry" for someone I shadowed as "Periodentist"

I'm not even sure how this happened! I know they're dontists, not dentists :mad::mad:

I already submitted, and I know it really doesn't matter because I can't do anything about it, but how much would this realistically hurt me? :scared::scared:

Sigh. This is so upsetting...

Edit: I don't feel so dumb anymore.... but I still do.

So apparently, for "Type of Dentistry" it's actually a drop-down menu. So the error was actually ADEA's, not mine.... but DS will never know. They'll just think I'm dumb....
Anyone noticed that/put down Perio and end up being Periodentist?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
While still unfortunate, if the error was actually on the behalf of AADSAS, I think someone will have been notified and that you will be okay. I'm certain you're not the only one who encountered this error.

Yeah, there weren't any other options for Periodontist, so there's nothing you could have done differently. I chose it for my shadowing hours under a periodontist as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Come on, Cedar. Use the search function! I expect more from you. I mean, who wouldn't logically search for 'periodentist' before asking such a question? This ranks right up there with, "Do my letters need to be in before they mail my application to schools?"

Come on, Cedar. Use the search function! I expect more from you. I mean, who wouldn't logically search for 'periodentist' before asking such a question? This ranks right up there with, "Do my letters need to be in before they mail my application to schools?"

:D

I used the Google Search function and found the 2010 thread :p

Guess Google isn't quite quick enough to throw the 2012 into the mix? :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone. Now I REALLY feel silly.

I was just kidding. Attention to detail isn't a bad thing for applying...or dentistry.