error on AMCAS primary - family income level

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shiganshina

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I was going through my primary and just realized I selected the wrong family income level (50k-75k instead of 25k-50k). A lot of my application is centered on my experience growing up low-income so I'm a little freaked out haha. Does it make sense to email my schools individually and clarify or upload some kind of document in my secondary portal as an amendment? Thanks!
 
Hi everyone,

I was going through my primary and just realized I selected the wrong family income level (50k-75k instead of 25k-50k). A lot of my application is centered on my experience growing up low-income so I'm a little freaked out haha. Does it make sense to email my schools individually and clarify or upload some kind of document in my secondary portal as an amendment? Thanks!
I don't think this change will make any difference to your current application cycle and the exact income category is more used for AAMC statistics than for deciding on you as a candidate by a school. Your essays will speak for themselves.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I suppose you could, but be careful how many updates a program allows you to make. What "document" do you have in mind? Ask the admissions teams before you do anything.
Thank you for your response, I was thinking some kind of general letter that just clarifies the mistake. I'll reach out to admission and ask thank you!